Friday, March 5, 2010

HUJAN! It's raining men!

Things are moving so fast!

Contract signed.Hujan came back from Europe tour and worked on our jingle. Noh did'nt sleep .. yet did a fantastic job on giving us 3 proposed jingles. Totally love 2 of em - we were in consensus though on which had the commercial value.

Same afternoon gave jingle to ad agency and discussed on the concept. Totally loved the concept and it opened my eyes to a whole branding campaign that we could do with them. Same evening Numero 2 was excited to get Numero 1 to listen to the songs. I was skeptical as to whether he would like any of them. But he loved both too - well we did have an interesting discussion on the 2 songs coz he preferred the one that we thought was not that commercial. I tried soft-selling the branding campaign coz it was still something very 'rough' at that point of time. Numero 1 looked at me all weird.. like.. hmm..biar betul budak ni... :p

Same night called Dimas-Hujan and agency to improve the lyrics and meet up for proper presentation on Friday i.e today.

13 people in the room during presentation including Hujan, agency and Numero 1 & 2. I could see from their faces initially that they did'nt quite buy the concept presented by the agency. But I was actually really excited with the concept. I love it because it would be fresh. It would be something that I guess people would never ever thought BSN would do. So I just gambled and blabbed about the branding campaign that we could develop from the proposed concept. In the end it was almost like I was pitching for the campaign instead of the agency... ;) AND THEY BOUGHT IT! (i hope the agency would really do a good job on the campaign if not it would be my head on the chopping board!)

So next Monday would be our private get-to-know/chill session with Hujan at a cafe in KLCC. The E-Channel department would then be working with them on a photoshoot for below the line ad campaigns. We're also finalizing the lyrics for the jingle next week. Week after would probably be to work on production schedule for the TVC. Then the shoot for TVC would be done for 2 days before these guys leave for their US tour.

I think I am getting too comfortable with this agency. Can't blame me when they have done such a good job and put some really good thoughts for all the projects right?

I've to give credit to Numero 1 & Numero 2 lah.. it's much easier to be creative when we're not bogged down with budget constraint. I'm glad that they were very open with all the suggestions/ideas. Of course they've got stuff that they disagreed to. But those to me were constructive disagreements?

Well ok.. I don't wanna get too excited here. But I really hope the TVC will be another cool TVC for *SN! As for the branding campaign...kalau betul2 jadi, memang best!


With Dimas, Noh, Adelina, Linda and Numero 2 at Hujan's studio.. listening to the jingle.. Took lotsa pics.. but this Noh likes to make funny faces.. so, I can only put this one laahh...

2 comments:

  1. kem salam noh... ckp kat dia, dia tu cool giler! i like......

    ReplyDelete
  2. bawak la aku tgk diorang perform ke or masa record kat studio ok..

    ReplyDelete