Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Petty conversation


I've gone off rice for 2 weeks and coffee in particular, Mocha Ice Blended for 3 weeks.

Today I could not resist an invitation to eat Nasik Ayam Chee Meng..it's not any DJ's nasik ayam..it's THE nasik ayam hainan okay... so yeah.. that is a good enough justification to break the main pantang!

And because of that I decided to just break the coffee pantang on the same day and rush to the nearest Coffee Bean after work.

As I was making myself feel at home with my legs up on the chair, enjoying my Mocha Ice Blended, browsing thru FB and well blogging this, somebody next to me who is probably bored of waiting for his friend decided to strike a conversation with me.

Haiyaaaa... I'm really not someone who is up for petty conversations with strangers no matter how good looking you are ---- not that he was la --- but that would have at least given me a motivation.

I just want to enjoy my Mocha especially after my 3 weeks pantang!

Stranger: Are you local?
Me: Yes I am -- no elaboration.
Stranger: After work?
Me: Yup -- no elaboration.
Stranger: What do you do?
Me: Corporate Affairs -- no elaboration
Stranger: What organisation?
Me: BSN -- no elaboration
Stranger: This is your 2nd home, is it? You look very comfy.
Me: Uh-huh..I'd like it to be.
Stranger: Nice phone..
Me: (???!! I'm using the old blackberry which does not even have a camera!) You like? I bought it cheap.. can sell it to you and buy myself a nicer phone.

Haiyoooo...can't you get the message already aaaaa... I want my 'ME' time!

Since I was already holding the phone I kinda went like a cuckoo talking to myself pretending like I was answering a call.. konon phone was on silent.. nasib baik the phone did'nt ring when I was talking la kan .. and thank God right then the friend came and he left with his friend.

Unless I'm in a foreign country where I find it interesting to chat with a stranger over coffee about cultural differences, places to go, good food to eat etc, really I'm just the type who can't be bothered with making petty conversation.

Would this mean that I'm a snob?

3 comments:

  1. maintain rupa pan-asian la tu...*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. jiji: u know, only pretty girls got chatted up ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jehan:pan-asian rambut itam? ;p

    Yeen: I was an easy target because I was alone.Beb, bag coach tu cantik.. tapi tengah pokai ler... :p

    ReplyDelete