Thursday, July 9, 2009

Exam fever

It's 3.00am. I can't sleep.

I tried to but I kept on having this recurring dream as to which of this is correct: memperbaharu or memperbaharui. It became too irritating that I decided to just get out of bed and find the answer.

Why am I like this? For the past 3 days I've been attending a BM course i.e Kursus Bahasa Malaysia Berakreditasi Sektor Perkhidmatan Kewangan. Modul II: Penggunaan Bahasa Malaysia dalam Penulisan Rasmi. The course is conducted by a Munsyi Dewan from Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka. At the end of the course we have to sit for a 3 and a half hours exam: 1 hour (objective questions), 2 and a half hours (subjective).

The exam is tomorrow as in another 6 hours. And here I am still confused about Kata Kerja Transitif and Kata Kerja Tak Transitif, trying to make sense of the Morfologi and Sintaks and cursing myself for not taking notes when the Munsyi told us who should be using the gelaran Yang Berhormat Mulia when he had said that it would come out in the exams!

Do you know?
- Ada 2 jenis sebutan 'e' .. one is e taling and the other is e pepet -- no I'm not swearing here.
- Dash panjang is called a sengkang. This is used for i.e 6 - 9 Julai or Iran - Iraq. Kena ada spacebar before the sengkang. Dash pendek is called a sempang. This is used for Kata Ganda i.e anai-anai, kura-kura. -- all my life I've been referring to both types of dash as sengkang.
- Kalau Kata Adjektif tak boleh ada 'kan' di hujung perkataan. i.e mempercepat not mempercepatkan, memperbesar not memperbesarkan. -- I usually put 'kan' because it makes the word sound nicer.. :p
- It's mencolok mata and not menjolok mata, salin tak tumpah and not saling tak tumpah.
- Oleh kerana is wrong it should be Oleh sebab.
- Menemui is for benda bernyawa and menemukan for benda tak bernyawa.
i.e Sarah menemui Amir di kedai Pak Ali.
Amir menemukan kereta Sarah yang terletak di belakang rumah.

BM rasmi / baku is tough man.
Attending this course, I've discovered the many BM bloopers that I've done in the press releases/speeches that I do. Ikut sedap je buat padahal tatabahasa semua hancus. Kalau fail ni malu siot.. especially if one of my staff who is also attending the course pass..

Oh God... I feel feverish... really... this is like SPM revisited man...tak boleh tidor.. peluh sejuk dah start keluar...mind mapping punya notes dah bersepah..

With the lack of study and sleep I'm sooo prone to answering the questions like this...



Huhuuahuhu!

7 comments:

  1. jiji,

    I sat for the class and for the exam masam kat bank rakyat..urghh..mmg susah giler ok. After all the revisions done,managed to get A..hahaha..not bad,huh. butnow,of course dah lupa sumer tu ;)- ainun

    ReplyDelete
  2. ainun, terernya!It's sooo confusing..objectives pun tough giler.. I'm not targeting an A at all. Kalau pass pon dah kira okay! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wan - fern's Wan - introduced a word - pengamiran - which i thought had a root word AMIR.
    he then gave me this link to check out the meaning of pengamiran : http://prpm.dbp.gov.my

    i still don't know/bother to go check.
    wtf is pengamiran?
    suri said the root word is KAMIR.
    yeah, like THAT help!!!
    ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the while i know only menjolok. MenCOLOK is like COLOK yg cina buat sembahyang tu....and why is it 'oleh sebab' not 'oleh kerana'? I'd be asking lots questions if i were in the class. But must be very interesting ek?

    oh btw -- what did u get? what did u get?
    OMG, kalau i pun sure horror, speaking is one thing, writing proper BM is nto easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Angelita:
    macam pernah dengar..did'nt we use that word masa Maths/Add Maths or something with numbers la..I've learnt even weirder words okay.. like kendatipun.. WTH??!:p

    Yeen: Yup..pretty interesting..we had people asking LOADS of questions and the Munsyi Dewan looked at us like all weird..like u know..org2 ni tak pernah blajar BM seumur idup ke.. :) result belum dapat lagi.. Respect giler aa Ainun got an A for the exam..I just want to pass okay.. this is soo not tkc-ian of me.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kalau belajar BM susah2 pun bukannya boleh pakai kat overseas.English jauh lagi penting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yang saya tahu Yang Berhormat Mulia kat Malaysia ini..YBM Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah..

    ReplyDelete