Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hantu


I was telling my colleague today about a very bad dream that I had last night which had made me screamed in my sleep. The main character in the dream was a makcik with long hair and mata yang tak ada anak mata... I sort of ran her over with my car as I was reversing and when I checked her body she said this "Makcik tak ada apa2...Ada 30 jin dan hantu dalam badan makcik ni pun tak ada apa.."...I freaked out when she said that and ran.. as I was about to run she grabbed my legs! So I could not move.By then I was screaming Astaghfirullah and the 2 kalimah syahadah.. I was like half awake.. I could hear my hubby snoring! Wanted him to help me, so I screamed some more but he snored some more! Haiyoo! I read the ayat kursi and entah macam mana the makcik let go of my legs and I woke up!


Maybe this is the classic case of kena tindih..not my first time..I dunnola maybe it's because I've just watched a hantu movie last weekend.. Now that we have a house, our weekend getaway means lepakking at our Bangi house catching up on the movies/DVDs. So far we have managed to watch quite a number of DVDs Angels and Demons, Dark Knight etc. Anyway, the most recent is 'Histeria'..cerita Melayu...to be exact, cerita hantu Melayu. The movie was about a ghost at a boarding school which had gone on a killing spree because it found a new 'owner' that has not been 'feeding' it properly. When I watched the movie I was really not scared of the hantu. Yes, the killing spree was gory. But the storyline was kelam kabut..i.e love triangle, lesbian issue, scandal with cikgu, kids neglected by parents... yeap! All these issues in a ghost movie! So of course the hantu yang siap bertanduk and muka horror gile was overshadowed by all these elements, causing it to lose its 'charm'.


Maybe because I said the hantu was not scary la..eksyen kan..amik ko kena tangkap ngan antu.. Ye la.. Why can't they make a simple ghost movie aaa.. like Nightmare on Elm Street...Exorcist..that's super duper scary sampai kalau nak tidor pun rasa macam takut je nak tutup mata even with the lights on! And actually, if dekat boarding school, from my own personal experience, the simple ghost stories are much much more scary than a hantu going on a killing spree.


When I was in TKC, I had a ghost which played a trick on me. One night, when I was just about to doze off, there was water trickling INTO my ears... and bila bukak mata of course la tak nampak apa kan.. so I closed my eyes...and again the water! After like the 4th time and rasa nak terkucil thinking that there is actually something next to me, with my eyes closed I tried the usual petua from our seniors la...baca ayat kursi,fatihah and then sapu satu badan from the bottom to top... pastu baru okay. And there was this one time during bulan puasa, I came back late from bukak puasa with my parents so had to go and get signature from the warden at this room (can't remember the name)...while I was walking, I could see on the ground the shadow of something flying above me okay! It was just following me! Of course I ran! Nasib baik dia tak ikut lari sama! Cam siot je kan!


Back then I also wondered why nobody ever dare to mention about a white dove which will bertenggek in the shower during Maghrib and Subuh..or why most of the time when we go to the loo at 4am in the morning mesti akan ada toilet yang berkunci macam ada orang kat dalam tu tapi tak pernah dengar pun bunyik orang buat apa2 no matter how long you are in the toilet.


But I think masa kat TKC the scariest was Lisa's experience. It was Maghrib. She was alone in the praying room, tengah ambik air sembahyang. And she realized 'someone' walked in to ambik sembahyang next to her. After she's done, she turned to look at the 'person' next to her, and that 'person' turned to her as well. Guess what? That 'person' looked EXACTLY like her and was smiling at her!


Thank God at that time memang nobody at the school kena histeria..except for one lah..tu pun pretending to jadi hantu and have a histeria.. pastu her bed was just next to mine! I shall not elaborate... Only those in the same dorm and who have had the 'privilege' to experience this would know.... :)


Gosh! I really hope tonight I can sleep peacefully and the damn makcik won't be in my dreams!

4 comments:

  1. Aiyoo Jiji.. memang scary ko. Aku kalau keadaan camtu mmg kes kena tindih tuh. Memang terasa half antara sedar tak sedar. Time tula terkumat kamit baca segala surah al-quran yang kita ingat seperti kita baca kuat2.

    Adoila.. apa la ko citer citer hantu time2 camnie.. hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tension je bila kena tindih nih..sebab macam tak boleh nak gerak tapi sedar what's happening around us...pastu siap macam lemas la..kena kejar hantu la..ada benda hitam tengok kita tido la..dulu memang slalu kena tapi kan masa pregnant memang aku tak pernah kena langsung.. heran jugak..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aiseh Jiji.... I'm reading this tonite (still early though....10.33 pm), but I am alone in the house! Husband is not here and my mom also in KL. Nyesal....nyesal.... Cuak gak nih....

    -Jannat-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe Jannat..yes, we've got some pretty scary stories back in TKC.. :)

    ReplyDelete