Saturday, April 9, 2011

Living in the present


Back when I was at school, the nights when we have our girl talk, (apart from citer 4U2C) one of the topics would definitely be about what we want to be, tak sabar nak carik duit, nak kerja, nak carik boyfren kat Uni and nak kawin dengan Mamat alim muka cam Brad Pitt or in my case I wanted someone who had the looks of Azhar Sulaiman… :p


To be a matured grown up with responsibilities and thinking about the future seemed to be something exciting for us. Little do we realize back then that the future is not as easy as we envision it to be. There would be challenges and drama along the way, hard decisions to make, or possible disappointments when things don’t turn out to be as planned. Sometimes when these things happen, we tend to dwell and everything around us seem to be in slow motion. I guess if we sit in sadness and wonder why life passes by our brains will play some tricks on us and we see ourselves as victims. Once we get into the victim mode it takes a catastrophe to get out. Seriously we would not want that to happen.



As a grown up (and I would like to think that I can think like a matured one) who had gone through some challenges myself, I believe that the best is to always have faith and as corny as it may sound, embrace the positives no matter what comes my way. There are a lot of things that we should be thankful for. These realizations may come to us at any point of our lives, they could even surprise us.


So, stop dwelling. Move on.


The I-Ching says “Never combat evil directly for it thinks of weapons. Rather, make energetic progress towards the good and evil dies from lack of fuel.” That book is about 4,000 years old and the wisdom still applies today. Hubby’s niece posted her status update in FB yesterday as ‘it’s never too late to live happily ever after’.

That, I believe, don't you?


But I also found this quote 'happily ever after is so once upon time'.


Hmmm... I guess we chart our own happiness.


Say farewell to the past. Don't get too anxious about the future. Just live in the present and make the best out of it.


That's my simplistic view.


2 comments:

  1. What is your 'happily ever after is so once upon time'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - Not really a believer of that quote. I have more faith in the former..

    ReplyDelete