Thursday, April 14, 2011

An epiphany

A long talk at the wee hours last night made me have an epiphany I think.

[An epiphany (from the ancient Greek ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation, striking appearance") is the sudden realization or comprehension of the (larger) essence or meaning of something. The term is used in either a philosophical or literal sense to signify that the claimant has "found the last piece of the puzzle and now sees the whole picture," or has new information or experience, often insignificant by itself, that illuminates a deeper or numinous foundational frame of reference.

Epiphanies of sudden comprehension have also made possible leaps in technology and the sciences. Famous epiphanies include Archimedes' realization of how to estimate the volume of a given mass, which inspired him to shout "Eureka!" ("I have found it!"). The biographies of many mathematicians and scientists include an epiphanic episode early in the career, the ramifications of which were worked out in detail over the following years. For example, Albert Einstein was struck as a young child by being given a compass, and realizing that some unseen force in space was making it move.]


Obviously with my {downgraded} level of intellegence these days, the ephiphany that I had was not a tehnological or scientific discovery which would make me shout 'Eureka' or 'Jiji Boleh'.

But it was one of those moments when i could see things ever too clearly. Some ugly,some good. There were also a couple of vague ones in a fuzzy cotton candy sort of way which suddenly becomes evident.

The epiphany made me:
1. Politely declined an offer from a reputable organization
2. Talked to Arida about how I felt - how screwed up i've been as a manager - what I wanna do to fix things
3. Called a for a dept meeting to iron things out
4. Re-allign my priorities
5. Really considering to further my education (part timelah)- guess this would be the investment that I would make from my bonus.

Sometimes a wake up call gives us that sparkle of thought. And sometimes in our own unique way and at an appropriate time, our so-called awakening occurs quite naturally, unpredictably
and with absolute spontaneity.

1 comment: