Sunday, November 9, 2008

Expect the worse and you'll get the best!

It's been so long since my last entry. Totally swamped with work. So this time when I finally blog I want to make sure that it's worth my time.

You know when you were small if you had to go for any trips i.e camping ke visit to Dayabumi (those days punya version of klcc) ke.. you'll be like all excited to go back and tell about your trip to your parents or your best friend kan.. Already in the bus you'll be thinking of the things that you want to tell them with that smile on your face. Well, that's me after I attended my team building thingy... yup that teambuilding that I had dread going.. It turned out to be by far the most exciting experience ever for me this year! (Okay childbirth does not count ya...that's in the league of its own).. had so many things..stories..wounds..bruises to share with a human but I guess I have to accept the fact that at my age I've gotten the concept of a best friend all wrong and well, when competing with You Tube, Facebook or whatever else you have on the net now I'll lose even if I've had a near-death experience.

But okay..whateverlah..I've chosen Mocha Ice Blended and Blogging to be my 'clear button'..and since it's ridiculous to drive to the nearest Coffee Bean at this hour, let me blog and be syok sendiri and share this with something non-human instead..

Seriously I had thought of so many ways to escape from going.. but nasib baik in the end I decided to just go and get it over and done with. So on the 8th of Nov 08 there I was attending my Dept's teambuilding at Gesau River Chalet.

Background
Total number of participants:44
No of person to avoid throughout the program: 1
My groupname: Enggang
Groupcolour: Orange
Location: Gesau River Chalet.. an Orang Asli settlement in Perak with no phone coverage but surprisingly with Astro for you to catch MU vs Arsenal that night
Mode of transportation: B*N's very handsome looking new bus
Depart: supposed to be by 7.45 am -- team leader all semangat to give everybody a call at 7.40am.. but someone overslept and arrived at 8.20 am.. actual departure time was 8.30am


Day 1:





This is us before departing... All looking excited and happy for the sake of photo-taking..and of course kenalah baca doa dulu..



Arrived at the first check-point at around 10.00am..bus left us to go back to KL.. from there we were told that mode of transporartion would be a lorry which looked like it had been ferrying Mexicans to cross the border for the past 20 years, one Pajero with aircond, one Pajero without and one small lorry with no roof.. Initially me and a couple of people were asked to go in the airconditioned Pajero together with Madam Cenc.. I declined profusely of course and was all set to go up on the lorry.. tapi tiba2 Madam Cenc went all Mother Theresa and nak naik lorry okay.. so of course we all ran to the nearest transport that we could get our hands on...and it so happens that the nearest one was the airconditioned Pajero..hehe.. thank God we took the Pajero..it was a bumpy 10km drive on a tanah merah i.e takde jln tar so you can imagine how dusty it was..pass a kebun pisang..a jungle..tiny bridge which looked like it could only fit 2 motorcycles..and a waterfall with big rocks!




This is where we had to stay --- only had one thin mattress..one tiny pillow and thin blanket.. I wanted to slap the team leader for calling it a chalet ---don't la give me the expectations that tempat tido I average.. ni dangau la pandai..waaaayyy below average..in one of the dangau's siap ada katak terbang ok..mamat tu ingatkan hiasan..dia pon pegang la..skali katak tu terbang2..siot je..



Haaa.. time ni dah mula best.. introducing our hot teambuilding trainer/consultant..cute..takdelah hensem mana.. but this young chap is just really good at what he's doing...and I'm proud to say that he's a graduate of the same Uni as I was..tinggal masa dulu tak pernah pulak nampak..he's one year my junior..single,married women and makciks2 were all very impressed.. nasib baik dia cakap dia nak kawin Disember ni..makcik2 all hopeful to make calon menantu already.. hehe.. I hate ice breaking sessions but ours was fun..played games instead of the normal "nama saya..umur saya..saya from.."



Lunch!Food was just super duper delicious!My first experience makan satu talam..ikan keli goreng sambal..ayam goreng..sambal tempoyak petai &udang.. sambal belacan..masak lemak pucuk ubi & ikan masin..we all makan sampai licin talam.

After lunch I was already damn bloody nervous.. it was time to go for white water rafting.. we all had to kumpul again and be trasnported to Sg Slim..this time I was not so lucky..waited for the Pajero that never came..last2 kena naik lorry together with Madam Cenc pulak tu!




The head navigator named Bai..I think he's orang Asli..but he spoke in Malay with Kelate accent and English with American accent.. he scared the living daylights out of everybody okay! Kept on showing us the many ways that we could fall...how the boat can terbalik..and the best was about this really dangerous and deep jeram called Jeram Kotak which kalau sape2 terjatuh kat situ memang chances of people saving you would be so damn slim..the only way to survive is to save our own self. Time ni even mamat2 sume muka macam nak nangis okay.. One particular guy kept on trying to influence some people to chicken out. But too bad lah..once there..memang no turning back punya!





Bai has a hot assistant named Tess..when we were going down to the boat..she caught me termenung and asked me if I was worried..told her that no laahh.. not worried..I'm just scared as hell and feel like shitting bricks right now!

I was in the boat with Khai, Eddy, Shidah and Nasha..our navigator were 2 orang Asli named Limau and Sukorei.. so much for Madam Cenc trying to group us and get Khai yang terror sports to be in her group...last2 Madam Cenc punya group sume pompuan except for a guy which a girlie name--Suri..navigator pulak Bai.. Check out the photos! Mula2 chehh.. gelabah tapi boleh senyum lagi..after about 1 hr of screaming in the boat we reached Jeram Kotak.. all the boats had to be lined-up to pass through the Jeram..when it was our turn I was already bloody scared and was super determined to just not fall from the boat! pastu out of all the boats, ours was the only boat yang got stuck at the Jeram Kotak!!! Rasa ada lah dekat 5 seconds I was breathing water.. I was scared as hell! Before we got stuck there, it was almost as if our boat will hit the very big batu at the Jeram!








After passing thru Jeram Kotak it rained heavily and the water was pretty violent. We were in the river for close to 3 hours. Body was aching like crazy.Hands swollen because I was pulling the tali to make sure that I didnt fall.But I seriously had fun!Guess I was also so lucky to be in the same boat with Khai, Shidah, Eddy and Nasha..sumer kecut perut and nak terkucil sebenarnya tapi boleh buat lawak lagi atas boat.
Day 2
Jungle trekking... will continue in next post.. sakit badan and so sleepy..

2 comments: