Saturday, November 15, 2008

Surrrrppprriiiseeeee!!!

The next time u hear that I'm planning a surprise, please grab me by the hair, bang my head to the walls and scream in my ears: "Jiji! You suck at it!"

It was hubby's b'day yesterday. With the kids, work and busy schedule..we hardly have a time on our own except for the last couple of weeks because we had to car pool since his car is in the workshop.. so, I kinda acted on impulse and thought spending some quality time together just the two of us would be a nice surprise gift. But of course since nama pun acted on impulse I didnt quite do my homework right. To think that in my resume I can boast that I've been handling events for the past 5 years...when comes to planning own event, hancusss..

Lessons to learn:

5. Not everyone is a romantic idiot like you.

4. Consider that he could be dead tired having to work till late night. A good rest is what he needs.

3. Consider what he likes. This surprise should be all about him, not about you. If you can't find a common ground, choose something he'll love.

2. Make sure he's got time off. Especially when planning a stayover. Even schedule for the next day matters.

1. And most importantly : Make sure he's the type who loves surprises. No point if he is not, right?!

Somehow despite being together for what... 10 years already.. when it comes to buying him something it has always been something not quite what he wanted.. So in future to lower the risk of feeling like an idiot.. for the next coming birthdays/occassions I should probably just stick to giving him gifts and of course anything to do with Barca will never go wrong.. :p


No comments:

Post a Comment