Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My moment with the First Lady

Last week Yayasan Harapan Kanak-Kanak Malaysia expressed their interest to feature the kiddies' paintings at one of their events, the Children Public Speaking Competition (PM's trophy). We jumped on the idea as we thought it would be good mileage for the kiddies and of course the Bank.


Event was held at Dewan Siantan, Putrajaya Holdings with our First Lady as the VIP. Since the Yayasan people had an ESQ program for 400 kids running on the same day, we had to do the set up on our own. Rasa macam senang je nak tepek gambar kat board tapi actually memang leceh giler... lagilah nak make sure paintings tu tak jatuh or even the board tak collapse when 400 kids rush out for makan.






We put up 2 displays panels so there were about 30 paintings that we featured..






Announcing the arrival of our First Lady.. dunno why.. but I was nervous to be at the presence of the First Lady... that's En. Nazri, Yayasan's CEO explaining bout the paintings... if I were the First Lady I would have gone closer to the paintings and at least show a lil' bit of interest... I'm sure our previous First Ladies would have done the same... hmmm...






That's Dato' Atikah Adom with her... she is a legend at B*N...used to be B*N's Corp Comm Director.. now she's her Media Advisor..

Since she did'nt get close to the paintings we had to think of Plan B for at least a good photo for the Bank's record. We decided to try and get her to sign on the description of the project after she officiates the event. Bought a marker pen and searched high and low for a ribbon to be placed on the pen.


Yes, that's me hijacking her from the crowd.


Woohoo! She signed it!

We took a picture with Dato' Atikah so that we can paste it on our walls and picture ourselves in the next 20 years... hehehe

Heard a lot of stories about how 'warm' and 'loving' our First Lady is.. this is just my 2nd time seeing her like right smack in front of me.. so I can't really judge... but I hope she would smile more... learn the tricks from Dato' Atikah who is ever so friendly... :)

3 comments:

  1. oleh kerana jiji berani dgn isteri PM, maka tak lama lagi dikurniakan pangkat dato', dato' sri emilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably she had something much2 more important in her mind,hmmm :( anyway,u look gemuk sikit la? what happened to the diet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooohh yeahh...I wish it's that easy to get a datukship.... :)

    huhu..yeah..got some extra fats here and there..but fortunately my weight is down by few kilos...still doing my aerobics but I ditched the diet! Life is short! I want to enjoy makan! :p

    ReplyDelete