Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Should I get the singer or the bachelor?

I have been asked by Numero 2 to try and get Ms Y, a new singer in the indie scene to explore the possibility of being the spokesperson for our new products. Since the product is targeted for the young generation, we thought we could reach out to this market through her. Of course it would then be a win-win situation because we can also promote her to our 7 million customers.

However, my attempts to get to her has been futile. I was told that in the entertainment industry she is known to be a bit 'unresponsive' hence the bad publicity that she's been getting lately. I contacted her manager who happens to also be in her band and he asked me to drop him an email so that it's kinda like a formal request. But I never got a reply. I sent him an sms to remind him about my email. Again I never got a reply.

Just a week before Ramadhan, I was introduced to her Label Manager. Ms S, from my ad agency helped to set up the meeting. Because we're chasing after a chick from an indie band, I guess it was understood that the venue for the meeting was at a mamak place and over a teh tarik. I expected the Label Manager to be 'kerek' lah.. a generalization that I make to those in the indie scene.. dah lah nama dia pun macam poyo.. Jeremy Laguna.. I was like.. amende nama camni..ni mesti nama tipu ni...

BUT ... Mr Jeremy Little Laguna was actually nice and helpful. Not only that, he was HOT! He came clad in a t-shirt which looked like it has never been washed for many weeks with scruffy hair like tak pernah sikat and all...tapi muka memang hensem giler beb...he's of mixed parentage..Melayu campur apa ntah.. tak ingat.. too busy oogling.. hehe... anyhoo, he gave us all the details that we needed on Ms Y. He kinda liked our idea and we discussed the areas that we'd like to explore.. before leaving, he promised to try and set up a proper meeting with her before Ramadhan...

Then... Ramadhan came... still no meeting...on the 2nd week I called up Jeremy and he profusedly apologise saying that Ms Y has been very busy with shows, classes, exams... he said that he will keep me posted. I told him even if it's a no, just tell us. I had totally forgotten about this very- the -busy -indie chick - who seems to not like publicity-but wants to be a singer?- if not for Numero 2 chasing me for the status updates.

To know the status, I've to get Jeremy. Since I've changed to a new hp, I've lost some of the hp numbers i stored in my old hp. So, I googled for 'Jeremy Little Laguna' hoping to well get lucky and find his hp or office number somewhere.. instead I found this:


Okay, intermission jap: The scruffy mamat was one of Cleo's Most Eligible Bachelor and was in the popular indie band Prana!!!
I finally got both his numbers. The hp was unreachable. So, I tried the office. Only to find that Jeremy had gone for Umrah. I had to ask repeatedly like "Umrah?".. cam tak caye la pulak lepas dah tergoogle mende yang atas tu kan... and his Assistant was like laughing.. and repeatedly replied betul...Umrah... hehe..
He's coming back tomorrow. I'll give him a couple of days to rest, before I start chasing after him... :p
p/s: A guy who claimed to be M*wi new PR officer came by the office to offer M*wi as our spokesperson. Lagi senang nak dapat M*wi rupanya drpd Ms Y.... hmmmm....

5 comments:

  1. Siksa jugak ekkk nak cari spokesperson. Huhuhuhu. Akhirnya... M*WI ker?? Aku sokong!!! Hahahha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, aku tak sangka ko type yg minat M*wi... M*wi susah ler... feedback not so good from companies yang pernah pakai dia...

    ReplyDelete
  3. dah tak glamer, mmg la nak offer diri jd spokesperson... ambik aku je la... takde target kat ibu mengandung ke? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. azah, ko takleh jadi spokesperson sebab ko garang... nanti customers kitaorg takut... :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. mawi x laku dah ke sampai kena 'offer' jadik spokesperson? he he...

    ReplyDelete