Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Farewell

I shall not go on and on again on yet another successful event handled by my team nanti ada yang kata perasan bagus.. but really how can we not be perasan when after the event this is exactly what Numero Uno said to the team and those involved:
"Guys normally after an event I would call everybody to tell you the mistakes..what you've done wrong..and how to improve..but tonight everything is just perfect..our Chairman was very touched..Numero 3.. Emilia.. and the team.. you all have done a very good job"

Terkembang la kejap kan... worth it la beli baju batik baru ala mak datin pastu tak tau bila lagi nak pakai... but whatever it is I hope everyone was just as pleased with the whole event... and for us, despite the compliments I pray that we would still be as grounded and tak terlampau perasan bagus.. :)

Yeah..back to the topic of a farewell..

We bid farewell to our dear Chairman last Friday night..he is the longest serving Chairman for B*N.. he came on board at the age of 39 in July 1999..
I think what I'll miss the most about Chairman, would be his speeches and his anecdotes.. He can give really good speeches off the calf.. will always have funny anecdotes even in meetings.. he's great with the media.. tak leceh / cerewet.. very knowledgeable.. despite what's out there in the papers about him and the political scandals that he's in.. to me, it would be hard to find a replacement who is equally good and nice..


The Marquee @ Carcosa


The VIPs..


It amazes me that even that night he could give a very moving speech off the calf..

We had a Western dinner...all served course by course.. Tapi minum cordial la bukan wine.. :) Some said that it also marks a transformation for B*N yang slalunya kena makan masakan Melayu for a dinner function held at a 3 star hotel..

The team together with Chairman + wifey, Numero Uno + wifey and Numero 3.. note that next to Numero Uno (girl in green) is not his wifey..she's just there because she's the shortest among us all.. Chairman kata tulaa.. kecik2 degil takmo minum susu... har har.. see..funny anecdotes..
And we showed this before singing Auld Lang Synd ... i've cut out some parts because the file is too big.. when it was shown on the big screen the team cringed because of a minor 'hiccup' that only we knew.. time tu macam tak sabar je nak tunggu video tu abis.. but the rest, I was told was moved to tears... the ladies la.. not the men..

Farewell..good luck and all the best to you, Dato' Seri Chairman.. (like as if u're ever gonna read this blog.. :) )

2 comments:

  1. Apa2 pun yang pasti that nite memang best. Sumer orang happy. Yang paling happy adik I. Tapi bila nak drive out from Carcosa memang scarry sebab jalan memang gelap... But I survived driving out to the main road.. not because I macho and braney la kan. Tapi sebab ada kete Viva yang comel depan I and the driver drove like soooo slowwwww..... Nak kejar Kama, dia dah lesap ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah..and I rasa macam nak terkucil okay.. I was the last to leave and I rasa glabah sbb before that I takut2 kan u.. kan slalu org yang takut2kan tu yang terkena... tapi maybe antu pun takut dengan bunyik kereta I yang bingit tu! hehe

    ReplyDelete