Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Media Fiasco!

Today I was summoned to see Numero Uno TWICE! No..no..it's not about The Prospect..It's actually for all the wrong reasons...kes boley kena potong markah adalah...

I got a call early morning to inform that Numero Uno is pretty unhappy with an article printed in an English publication today. Some figures were incorrect. A particular statement had a negative connotation. The article was based on an interview that we had arranged for him last week. His very first interview with the local media.

I was of course baffled as I've reminded the reporters to send their articles to us for vetting to ensure that the figures and statements are correct. Already told them I won't be changing wordings in the article but merely incorrect information/figures, if any.

Ellloooo.... I know la it's not your policy..must get clearance from your Editor and all that.. but if you had agreed to my request, please enlighten me again why the article was printed before we get to review it? Do you not care that you should be reporting the right figures/facts especially when you are from the Business Section of a noted publication and not merely printing pictures of celebs wannabes frolicking at the pool proudly showing of their 'lurah' for URTV or Mangga!

So, of course my ass was on fire. I was summoned to do damage control. I was told of Numero Uno's 'wrath' as a repercussions to the whole media fiasco. So, the level of nak terkucil when I had to see Numero Uno was just beyond imagination. I had cold sweats all over. I was stalling as I went up the stairs. Siap baca Bismillah 21x pastu sembur kat pintu dia..I swear!

BUT surprisingly he was OK! Told me to just make sure that a proper clarification be printed tomorrow.

It was just a 5-minute thingy at the smoking section..I guess the blurry look on my face was too obvious so he asked.. "Why? What's wrong?".. Pardon me.. I had too much of roti pisang and dhal this morning which had affected my level of intelligence... so, the words just came out from my mouth .. "I thought I nak kena basuh lagi setengah jam"..."Nope..I don't care about the past. Let's do our level best to fix this," he replied.

Yup...yup...that's why he's Numero Uno and I'm Numero 625!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.. kelakar aku baca citer ko nie Jiji. Nasib baik la boss ko tak marah..
    aku rasa berkat baca 21X bismillah ini.. hehehe.

    ReplyDelete