Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pause to reflect...



A particular event had made me pause to reflect.

It is better to sit alone than to be in the company of the bad; and it is better to sit with the good than to be alone and it is better to speak to a seeker of knowledge than to remain silent and silence is better than bad words.

So I chose to be in silence and reflect.


I am embarrased that sometimes it is when I face the adversities in life that I would seek the help from God to give me guidance. But better God than the devil (of course!). All humans beings, be it a king or a leader, face helplessness in certain situations, where the only remedy then becomes prayer...and I am just no different.

As what the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said, if we turn to Allah He will turn to us. If we approach Allah by a hand’s span, He approaches us by an arm’s length, and if we go towards Him walking, He rushes towards us.

I was mentally,emotionally and physically exhausted. And so I told God my side of the story (not that He doesn't know already.. ;))..I hope He understands.

The things that we face/do, change from time to time..not immediately but gradually..there are times these changes would be subtle in nature and we may not even realize them.. but when we do, we would pause and take new directions/course of actions.

God has directed us towards a guiding principle in the Holy Quran: “It may be that you dislike a thing while it is good for you, and it may be that you like a thing while it is bad for you. Allah knows and you know not. (2:217)”

What I have learnt from my so called reflection is I may not agree with certain things. Anger is definitely not my cup of tea. I just don't think it's necessary. I grew up with more love than anger. But just because it is not my thing, does not mean that anyone else should be the same. That I should understand.

Because we are all different, I should not have such a high expectation. I should not become needlessly persistent to carry on with a certain decision / activity because my knowledge is limited, whereas God knows best when and how and where a certain decision / activity needs to be carried out. Surrendering to His Will and seeking His Help through supplication is the best way. Hence the term Insya-Allah/God-Willing... Because when God does not Will, then all efforts and intense desires for a certain cause will just be in vain.

Yeah..my knowledge is very much limited. I'm still learning the art of winning by surrendering...the beauty of forgiving..to be fearless of making sacrifices... to love without expecting anything in return.. to manipulate sadness to experience happiness and I'm sure many more other things until my last breath.

Life is short. I could trip, hit my head on the floor and die in 5 seconds. By then it would be too late for regrets, betul tak?

2 comments:

  1. betullll cikgu...ke ustazah?hahahahaha
    Kidding lar!This is a good entry..made me pause to reflect too!Thanks Jiji!

    sher

    ReplyDelete