Thursday, January 22, 2009

PMS


It's that time of the year again.. no..not Premenstrual Syndrome..that would be monthly.. :p

I had my PMS (Performance Measurement System) .. or to put it simply my work performance evaluation session with Madam Cenc yesterday. Like the rest of the world, Madam Cenc has also caught the Obama syndrome. So, throughout the 2 hour (mind you, it was from 6.00-8.00pm!) I think Obama's name probably came up like more than 50 times..

I was suffering from a bad migraine since 5pm but of course I had to keep a straight face and made sure I laughed at her jokes because she has not given me the actual marks for my performance yet...yes, yes, alang2 dah panggil why not give this Corporate Affairs Manager a mental torture.. smart, that woman...

Somehow,lately Madam Cenc suka pulak nak berborak.. suddenly become like buddy2 with me..sometimes in the evenings she would just drop by at my place and tell me her problems of the day.. so yesterday apart from trying to educate me about Obama so that I could be a visionary like him, she told me about her cat which prefers gourmet cat food... why she wants to resign etc..

I guess it paid off being a good listener... my marks were not that bad.. and her comments (read below)..hmmm.. I liiikkeeeee...

Emilia is a performance driven person, able to work effectively to meet her job requirements. Whilst focusing on the creative aspects of her work, she has also successfully put into place various procedures and policies to ensure the smooth running of the Division. She is a kind and responsible person, a person who achieves things quietly, but effectively. Her trademark is her personable nature, her gifts in communication at the same time the ability to ensure organizational objectives are met.

To take the Division to the next step forward, she will need to develop her own style of leadership and to develop her own vision of what is possible and then using her talents and to implement this vision for the betterment of all.

I believe her kindness and coupled with vision, will take her far whilst experience and exposure will enhance her ability as a Manager.

It makes me wonder though..
1. Is it good to be a 'kind' manager? Somehow the Hitler/Bush/Olmert leaderhip style seems to be the in thing..the Obama style..well we have yet to see..
2. Is there such a thing as a quiet person who has a gift in communication... hmmm... I myself should be a PR case study.. :p
3. Would I be missing Madam Cenc's words of wisdom..free motivational talks and evening chats? ;)

5 comments:

  1. Jiji.. this template is nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks to u.. I experimented with a couple of templates..siap ada one point tu aku dah glabah blog ni jadi hodoh giler...I spent in total about 4 hrs for this template..:p

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahhaha.. we learn from mistake. then baru pandai. Waa.. siap dah tepek gamba tuh. Nanti dah boleh jadi blog mcm Dr. Farish. :) Sbb aku suka gak baca apa ko tulis.

    Ooo.. Madam tu dah nak blah ka. Orang yg appraisal kita nanti mampukah komen spt dia. Hahha. Bagus nya dia punya comments pasal ko. Bab leadership tuh, aku selalu dapat average. Maksudnya aku belum layak lagi manager kat sini. hahahah.. susah.. manager semua jantan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. takpela ja..jadi manager pon pening kepala je keje bertimbun..pastu bila takde keje, nak balik kul 5.30 rasa guilty kalau anak buah ada kat ofis lg...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A kind leader will always have an entourage of loyalists!

    ReplyDelete