Monday, December 15, 2008

Sorry, I am a wreckless driver...

My hubby had an accident like 2 months back..his car was hit somewhere in USJ and was totally wrecked.. because of that we were car pooling to work for a bout 3 weeks.. and in that 3 weeks he gets agitated easily when I drive which kinda irritated me because I think he was just traumatised because of the accident lah.. I thot my driving was just okay.. well, no major accidents so far lah kan..


But like they say, accidents are bound to happen.. especially to an egoistical driver as moi'...

I hit a man last Saturday.. a man on a bike pulak tu..

I was leaving Kajang to go to Ampang for a Kenduri with Amir and my mother..but at a junction just a few kms from my house I hit a young chap on a motor bike.. seriously I thot I had looked left and right so when I heard the loud sound I thot I hit a big rock or something.. if it's not because of my mother who told me that there was someone lying on the grass, I could have been categorized as a hit and run driver okay!

Not until you yourself have experienced it..I don't think you can ever imagine seeing someone sprawled on the grass by the road side..with his motor bike nowhere to be seen.. his bags and stuff all over the place.. thank God he was still alive!!! Thank God he could move.. thank God there were people who stopped not just to look but to help us out.. it was my mom's first accident.. so she was panic like crazy.. mom's first few words were "Call la Nasa mintak dia tolong" .. and my first few thoughts pulak.. No Nasa! No Nasa! = no nagging about my driving in this lifetime! But of course I had to call him la kan.. takkan Amir pulak nak jadi hero to save the day.. although dia perasan dia Superman and Ultraman..

Brought the guy to the clinic..In the car he was telling my mum that yesterday dia jatuh motor, chasing a peragut.. he managed to catch the peragut.. haiyaa.. I had to hit a good samaritan who was already in pain lah pulak..while telling us all this he was whimpering..his back was in pain..apparently sebab masa dia tercampak tu terkena kat divider.. so at the clinic we told the dr to have an x-ray and all that.. Nasib baik tak ada apa2..

Hubby settled everything with the guy..we paid for all the bills..medical and motor bike.. nasib baik he chose not to report.. hubby said it was obviously my fault..even if I had looked left and right and was driving slow and the guy was speeding, he was from the main road.. so I'm supposed to stop..

Hubby said I don't look like someone who feels guilty about the whole thing..siap lepas tu boleh keluar drive pegi beli satay and balik rumah baca buku cerita.. that's me still trying to control macho..but in reality I had a turmoil of emotions: I felt stupid+guilty+scared+traumatised+thankful to God.. banyak lah..

Anyway, apart from the emotional and physical damage.. all in all it costs us about RM 500... bestnya.. dah la end of the month pulak tu kan..but what is 500 bucks as compared to a person's life and me ending up in jail kan....

Huhuhu.. I am full of remorse.. I'll be a Sunday driver from now onwards.. especially if I come to a junction..



4 comments:

  1. aiyooo...sib baik tara apa2...kunit tak panik sama ker?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kunit takde aper..tapi sian..semangat nak gi jln dgn baju melayu pink dia..last2 kena balik umah.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're feeling better now...I think semua org sure accident punya one day..i learned my lesson by hitting a back of a truck..wait..two trucks...nasib baik ada lagi

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm ok..come to think of it.. of course it's even worse for the guy lah kan.. he escaped a near-death experience, man..

    ReplyDelete