Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happenings @ B*N

Bila dah year end nih.. B*N is full of must-haves events.. last week we had the annual fire drill --- must be done to satisfy the local authorities punya requirements.. today we had the korban --- tradition in B*N..

For this year, I made sure that I do not have to go down the flight of stairs from the 19th floor! I did that back in 2006 and memang sempot giler..in 2007 I managed to escape because I was pregnant.. ni perks yang tak boleh dijual beli bila pregnant.. :) this time around I suggested some people from my team to be in the so called Emergency Response Team.. so confirm dapat 'soalan bocor'.. fire drill was quite happening with Bomba, Ambulance, Police, pelakon2 paksarela B*N.. of course we had hoped for some Abang2 Bomba ala Nicholas Cage lah kan to save us bila ada fire..


Khai was damn funny.. pelakon paksarela who menjiwai watak abis.. can play dead like real only..



I probably should not have worn pink because..




Out of the almost 1000 people standing there yours truly was called to the front to do some demo with the fire extinguisher!

I heard from the committee that B*N almost got a 'Fail' from the consultants.. apparently too many like yours truly knew about the fire drill and dah siap2 turun and was just either pretending to go to the loo or ATM machines at the lobby... hehe

This morning I attended the korban..this is my first... I was initially pretty skeptical to go because just like Zett.. I know I'll go like "Kesian the cow" in my head.. and I don't think I can tahan if I see the cows struggling for life or making some horrible sounds..



But surprisingly all the cows were very calm..macam redha ajer.. like they know they are going to heaven.. There were about 7 cows.. I did'nt see the first cow but apparently that was the only cow yang sruggle sikit sampai bengkok tiang lampu kat situ..


Seriously I did'nt know that sambil sembelih they will all takbir together.. maybe this had calmed all the cows...




The Puspanita kakaks and makciks all masak together-gether..

The outcome..

Soup for all the volunteers...

Daging korban for all the clerical staff..

I had lunch at Secret Recipe.. today's special was Aussie Beef Steak.. err.. some other day maybe .. I had the usual BBQ Chicken.. ;)

1 comment:

  1. yeah, they do takbir when they slaughter the cows and after the sembelih...

    kesian kan...

    my cow continued to groan even after 2mins he was slaughtered!! =(

    ReplyDelete