Monday, May 16, 2011

Balik Kampung

Last Saturday Hubby was away till the wee hours for a football game in Kuala Pilah.. since we don't actually have anything planned for the weekends i decided to spend some quality time visiting relatives and be a good daughter + good supir to dear parents. It's been a while...actually lama la jugak.. my father has been asking me to take him to see Mak Cik Jah, my auntie who is bedridden because of a sudden stroke attack last year..

So off we went - grannies and 4 kiddies - to Morib where Mak Cik Jah is being taken care off by one of her sons..Before going to the house, we thought of making the kids happy sikit la and had a small picnic at Morib.. the beach (should I even call it a beach when it looked more like Sg Klang yang super berkerak and berkeladak) was like in the worse ever condition..kids were of course excited...ingat ala2 Redang or PD boley turun main sand castle ke apa... i was going like hell noooo!Duduk kat tepi makan keropok je sayang oiii..don't think the kids had that much fun apart from makan chips especially as I was screaming every 5 mins to stay away from the beach or the tembok..The stalls were quite sad looking also (lupa nak take pics) but the goreng pisang was so sedap...dah lama tak makan that kind of goreng pisang.. u know the ones yang manis+masam sket and lembik2... niceeee... kinda blasah sampai 6 pieces of goreng pisang... hehe





Why in the world did my Mama put me in Roxy t-shirt and brought me to this berkerak beach.. :p


Mak Cik Jah's son (Halim) stays in Kg Tali Air, Morib... a really nice kampung area.. the kids were more excited when they reached there than the beach... I am not sure what my cousin Halim really does but he has a kandang kambing with some gigantic kambings... cows... and also some buah kelapa sawit yang dah kena kait there as well.. so u can just imagine how jakun the kids were and the questions that I had to entertain.. :) ...

I spent a couple of minutes with Mak Cik Jah... can't really bring myself to be with her too long... made me so mellow.. :( she was all healthy the last I went to her house... could drive..active in Wanita UMNO and all... then suddenly she just could not walk,talk or do anything.. it's just lately that she could sort of react to people's voices and make sounds... I think my father could not bring himself to be there too long too.. so we were there for just a while..




3 kiddies so jakun kat kandang kambing Kg.Tali Air, Morib





Before going home we stopped at another 2 houses.. one was of my dad's very best friend..Cikgu Mahful.. been friends since gazillion years so it seems...so there were some jejak kasih moment...hehe


The last house was of Uncle Bahari..my uncle who lives in Banting...when we reached his house he just came back from cycling with his wife... so sweet.. Wife is really good in baking and used to bake me some yummy cream puffs if she comes to parents' house.. since that day was a surprise visit she only managed to give us some yummy kuih pau which the kiddies blasah la kat rumah..

Tiring Saturday... coz of the long journey.. but felt good that after so long I finally managed to make up for some lost times with parents and relatives... usually occupied with the kiddies.. kinda miss being their supir and spending long lunches/hi tea with them... so I hope this will do la for the moment...Nanti bonus can blanja holiday, maybe... :)



3 comments:

  1. i think i missed being the supir for my parents as well..

    tunggu bonus...bawak gi Bali ...hehehe..kalau diorang berkenan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banting...yeah my hometown. Will take my dad to this Gerai nasi lemak for bfast at Tongkah (just before Morib Beach)whenever i went back to Banting. 2 packets is a must ...roti canai...yummy!

    ReplyDelete