Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Mum of The Year


Prologue

In Facebook I took the "What kind of Mother are YOU?" quiz and the result is: The What was I thinking Mom
According to the result: I was thinking I was going to be so much better at this mom... You r the mom that just keeps trying to get it right. Multi tasking everything... Working, volunteering, you r trying to get it right but there's just so much to do. You r ok just keep trying...

My sister treated both my parents to a holiday in Hong Kong (Disneyland included). And because of this I have to take 2 days off from work for a 'holiday' at home with the 2 brats. And yeah with the brats we had our own version of Disneyland a la' Sg Ramal Dalam!

This morning I checked out another Mocha Lover's blog and her entry was about a nice bouquet of tulips, VIP spa treatment and a scrumptuous lunch and many many more manja treatment for Mother's Day.. so I went like huh? Is it Mother's Day already? Don't I deserve some Manja treatments too..Ni yang nak marah ni... Siap google to check the dates... well apparently it's celebrated on different days in different countries.. the official one is in May..

Phew! Of course if the two brats send me tulips and give me spa vouchers that would mean I have given birth to 2 geniuses who could possibly be rocket scientists when they grow up...I am hoping that well, someone would be doing some creative thinking for them...

So thanks Azfa & Yeen for the award and tagging me. I sooo need this today! ;)

Admit one thing you think awful about (involving being a mom). Once you have written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. Remember you are a good mom!

One only?? hehe.. Hmm.. when I'm all exhausted or angry at them I'll miss the so-called life as a single. This is when I would feel awful mostly about 'losing' myself. I can no longer be that person who has my me time-I can stay up to watch tv & DVDs, has never missed a good movie at the cinema, able to spend time with friends/window shopping/have coffee without having to worry about the kiddies and fairy godmama. I am a Mother.

List 7 things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.

1. I love changing their diapers... (NOT!!).. okay..okay..seriously.. hmm.. I love smothering them with loads and loads of kisses..Amir thinks this is icky..I don't know where he gets this from.. but it makes me more geram and would smother him even more.. yaya is quirky but manja...if I ask her to kiss me she would almost lick my nose... I likkkkkeee...

2. Watching Yaya bullying Amir until he cries. It's simply hillarious. Especially because Amir thinks that he's Ultraman so strong and all tapi dengan adik sendiri boley nangis. Kalau berebut barang pun Yaya would go all out and Amir would just cry to get my attention and sympathy. Ntah apa2 ntah.

3. Playing hide and seek before we go to sleep. We would go under the blanket and whisper to each other.. Amir's standard line would be shh..shh..hide from Babah...hide from Datuk.. Nenek... Yaya.. Irfan.. Maman... Jaja (his cousins)

4. When Amir answers dengan pelatnya that his name is Adam Farmemey.. abah is nasharuddin..yaya is arah armilla..and mama until today dia tak dapat tangkap lagi the name.. hampeh..

5. Yaya showing off her 2 big rabbit teeths.. makes me smile everytime I think about it... even when I'm at the office. Tapi bila pikir balik the teeths could be kenan 'Madam Cenc'..huhuhu

6. Going to the mall with Amir and watching him all excited at the sight of Ultraman/Thomas The Train!

7. Yaya makes this particular funny face complete with sound effects to show that she's happy when I feed her with food that she likes. Yaya can now say nak = 'ak!ak!' just like a baby bird waiting for the mother to feed her.

Actually I have many many more.. tiba2 rasa nak tergelak pulak bila pikir pasal all of their antics! :)

Send this to 5 other moms of the year that deserve a reminder that they too are the best moms that they can be. Remember to send them a note letting them know you have selected them, and also add a link to your posts that direct people back to the person who nominated you.

Well I don't know that many moms who blog. The ones I know have already been tagged. But hmm..here goes:

Fydd, Jaa & Edina.

To all Moms... Everyday should be Mother's Day for us! Kan..kan..kan..

5 comments:

  1. no, 4 : sama la cam i. Afreen can remember her daddy's and baby's name; but not mine! hmmphhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..padahal when it comes to diaper change..makan..mandi..gosok gigi..merengek..melalak..the mommies would be the top of mind recall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. jiji, how am i supposed to know whether i've been tagged or not. takde pun appear ape2 kat blog aku tu.. konpius la.........
    aku dok bace blog ko ni, barulah perasan ko tulis ko tag aku for that mom thingy..

    btw, aku tergelak bile ko tulis Diaper changing is your fav thing.. hahaaa... terkena.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry edi..am supposed to drop u a note for you to so-called claim the award and do the tag thingy.. anyway, your cupcakes are all so cunnn...I also went to one of the links.. chiquecakes..cantek giler...

    ReplyDelete