Monday, March 30, 2009

A brief trip down memory lane

I woke up this morning all semangat to go to the office when it's still dark to finish up a paper and presentation both due at 8.30am in the morning. Tapi keluar je bilik mandi, Yaya was already awake..hubby was looking all over for a tie that I too could not remember where/what I have done to it.. so that means yeap..me gonna be late again. Haiyayayayaya! I was prepared for a crazy Monday and to go insane in the car in my efforts to beat the traffic!

So as I started the engine I switched on the radio for something to calm me down.. yeah we all need a little something to stop us from having that anxiety attack.. And since music more often than not can easily change my mood and take a hold of my head, I often turn to it for comfort, relaxation and even motivation...I guess it was just my luck...HotFM was playing Ikhlas Tapi Jauh... I totally love this song..not just because it is infact a good song but because this is D SONG that will bring back good memories of those days in college..especially of my then very best friend called Hanim who is now in UK..

I don't know why.. padahal dulu2 gila barb punya kitaorg dengar lagu 4u2c sampai tertido and bangun tido je dengar the same song balik.. Psycho..psycho...tapi when I hear this song I will have images of me and Hanim lepakking at the bed till wee hours berborak..tido masa time Add Maths..berlari from class to the lobby to catch a glimpse of KRU performing masa Muzik2... stay up tengok World Cup especially if Italy was playing...going to Ikhlas concert together.. being homesick on weekends after our parents go back...being late comers for breakfast...study kat bawah lampu corridoor...'fly' from the college to watch cerita Abang 92..siap nyorok kat tempat letak kaki dalam kereta ngan Zett (Zett I bet u don't remember!)...usha abang hensem plumber yang betulkan toilet tersumbat kat Block B ngan Yeen, Kydd and Lisa from Liza Kedah's room...(wait! before u guys pass your judgement, dia memang hensem giler cam model okay!) and damn.. a lot of other crazy and weird stuff that we shared together..we had fun..of course fights that almost broke the bond that we had (sebab 4U2C!!psycho..psycho).. but we were inseparable.. we were like sisters...

These images kinda occupied my thoughts while driving this morning and made me smile to myself and miss the simplistic life when we were still schooling.. of course at that time to us life was just super complicated.. tak sabar nak abis blajar.. carik duit and dapat duit... dulu nak kena bangun pagi and book the shower by putting my towel at 5.00 am pun rasa macam torturenyaaaaaaaa.....tu tak termasuk rasa terkucil nak pegi shower pagi2 buta with the background of anjing menyalak beramai2 dengar azan.... and then what's with 1119 and SPM that konon will determine your future FOREVER!!!! (yeah.... rightttttttt!!!)

Hmmm.. yeah..I'm definitely telling my kids to enjoy their schooldays because when they graduate from school their Mummy will be a hawk and not let them enjoy life too much.. hehe.. takdela... I pray that they will have as good of an opportunity that I've had to be in a good school surrounded by special friends who will protect and keep them grounded always.


Kat tembok blakang class..kalau nak keluar kena ikut tingkap yang dah pecah..tak taula ni posing skema tahap apa.. hanim is the one with the striped t-shirt next to me..

p/s: Punched card at 8.22am. Handed over paper and presentation at 10.00am.

p/p/s: Yaya's b'day party Alhamdulillah went well..clown and magician were both superb and worth every RM!!! If any of you failed your SPM, try a carreer in clowning!

5 comments:

  1. abang plumber hensem??? OMG, ada ke jijie? i have such bad, bad memory.. (salahkan urat putus masa beranak la kan?)....

    yeah, those were the good ol' days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ada la yeen.. time tu TKC ada an internal radio station.. and kita siap dedicate lagu kat dia...yeap kelakar... we acted like idiotsssss... hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. mesti laa plumber dude hansome kan?
    even those 4U2C boys were super-gorgeous to you, Jij... ;p

    [eiieeeye! how can AC Mizal & the gang be anything near handsome!!!!!]

    and yes, i don't remember a thing about sneaking out in my car! absolutely nothing.

    tak putus urat masa beranak pun, still tak ingat!!! tak guna langsung laa otak i nih!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zett..yg minat AC tu Hanim okay...gile barb punya minat...
    I punya taste was slightly better..hehe..kononlaa..

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4u2c and NKOTB -- masa tu baya, u and hanim were sooo into these two!!! hahaa... then in form 4 -- it was THE IKHLAS concert!! wohooo....!

    p.s. i m still scratching my brain for the handsome plumber's face!

    ReplyDelete