Sunday, July 25, 2010

CSR week

Have not been doing much charity this year... I guess that's why God kinda made plans for me to do so last week..

Visit to R*K

As part of fact-finding for our next philantrophy exercise, the CSR team was asked to visit a 'Home' which was caught in a political and media frenzy a couple of weeks ago. I am sure the caretaker of the 'Home' is genuinely concerned and has the purest intention to help the kids/others in need - something not many people would be able to do... but the 'Home' is not in a good condition at all... I hope when B*N helps them with the needed financial assistance they would improve in managing the 'Home'...

14 kids crammed in here?


6-8 kids in here...

Not so condusive study area..
B*N Inter-Varsity Social Venture Challenge

Been going around the Unis giving talks/presentations about the challenge in order to garner interest/participation. Was at UUM last Friday. We've a couple of states more to go - Sabah, S'wak, Johor, Penang, Perak... so, gotta split the team in order to settle before puasa...visits to Unis makes me miss studying? ;p
UUM students asked some pretty tough questions..
Hope to see lotsa participation from all the Unis..
Islamic Outreach ABIM - Walkathon
The Bank supported the event by being one of the sponsors. Had about 30 B*N Community Rangers participating in the walkathon - be it suka/paksarela.. This was my 1st time joining a walkathon..kinda proud of myself that I finished like 4km...same category as the Kiddies..don't know how the adults can buat like 7-8kms...
All-set before the race..
This is Auntie Jenny... apparently peserta paling semangat for the past 2 years already.. think she even won like top 8.. so cool..

No VIP from B*N so I had to be the one to flag off the participants..ingat pakai bendera rupanya a gun... I sooo can't act in Gerak Khas...:p
Women's category had the most participants, I think.. hence, all the more reason for me to just join the Kiddies...
This is a 'different' kind of CSR, ye En. Rahman... :p
Tiring week.. but it feels kinda nice to be doing some CSR/Charity apart from the coins that I'd put in the tabung at McD/KFC... ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment