Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life's little miracle..

I got the news that an ex-tkcian fren of mine punya baby was in crtitical condition at IJN. Little baby Darius is just a few months old and had a lot of complications since the day he was born. Being a mother I'm now extra emotional when it comes to these kind of things..the whole day yesterday my tkc yahoo-group was full of flying emails on updates of the baby's condition.. the last few emails said that the baby had passed away.. I was really saddened by the news..had I known about all these earlier I could have gone to IJN after work to visit mother and baby..

BUT thank God... it was just some confusions... this was the last email that I got about little baby Darius from Zetty J..

Salam & Hi,
Ok, here's the REAL story ok...Fydd's son, Darius Yusuff Zariq was on life support machine the last 48hours before 10am this morning (10.8.08). There are 7 types of heart problems and Darius had 5 of them AND pulmonary hypertension which normally happens to a 70-year old!Even the surgeons @ IJN thought Darius's condition is rare i.e for a 2-month old to have a heart like a 70-year old!

Anyways, at 10am this morning, the surgeons had to switch off the machine, ortherwise it could damage Darius's other internal organs.After 10am, the surgeons did some last procedure on Darius to see whether his heart can go on w/out the machine. So, after approx. 2 and a half hours, the surgeon came out and told the parents that Darius seemed to be ok.
His heart was pumping but still very weak.

It was a miracle!!!Darius is still under 48-hour observation in ICU now. If he survives the next 48 hours, he'll live, insyaAllah. Darius's parents are in good spirits now. Very much relieved that the 1st hurdle is over. Let's pray that they'll come out well the next 48hours, too.So... To all you girls who've been confused with today's "passed away-survived" email, I apologize.

That was the info I got and immediately told everyone so everyone can together say their prayers for the poor boy. I didn't know about the procedure after the life support machine, not until I got to IJN. And the fact Darius pulled it thru that procedure, was just a miracle!Even his parents were redha to let him go, and kinda make arrangement w their local masjid, already! So, yeah... Hope this settles the confusion.

Seriously I can't imagine if I have to go thru such dugaan.. my prayers for Fydd and little baby Darius..

No comments:

Post a Comment